We recommend rafting down the Dunajec River from Zakopane is a sensational way to enjoy the beautiful landscapes and visit a lot at the same time. Rafters will please him with fascinating stories and legends related to the river and its surroundings. In addition to rafting on a wooden raft, from where you can enjoy the view of the surrounding Pieniny, the offer also includes the possibility of visiting the castle in Niedzica, the dam on the Dunajec or the Miniature Park Podhale, Orava and Spisz.
What will you see
- During the trip to Pieniny, in addition to the main attraction, which is rafting on wooden rafts, you will also visit Niedzica, where you can choose from one of the attractions:
- Cruise on the Czorsztyn Lake (During a cruise on a walking boat you will be able to admire the dam, ruins of the Czorsztyn Castle, Niedzica Castle, the Czorsztyn Open-Air Museum and a beautiful mountain landscape). Such a cruise is an adventure that will stay in your memory for a long time.
- Castle in Niedzica - where Janosik was imprisoned and tortured.
- Park of Miniatures in Podhale, Orawa and Spisz, rope park.
- The Czorsztyn Dam together with a spectacular painting made in 3D technology.
Rafting or rafting down the Dunajec
At the beginning, rafting on the Dunajec Valley were organized only for special occasions. Only magnates, the rich and important people who met with the king at the castle in Czorsztyn and Niedzica could use them. Today you too can be like a VIP and feel the power of adrenaline in the background ...
What will you see
During the trip to Pieniny, in addition to the main attraction, which is full of emotions two-hour rafting on the Dunajec river, you will also visit Niedzica, where you can choose from one of the attractions:
- Cruise on Lake Czorsztyn: During a cruise on a walking boat, you will be able to admire the dam, ruins of Czorsztyn Castle, Niedzica Castle, Czorsztyn Open-Air Museum and a beautiful mountain landscape. Such a cruise is an adventure that will stay in your memory for a long time!
- Castle in Niedzica: It is here in the castle dungeons that you can see the torture chamber with dowels, which according to legend was supposed to be Janosik.
- Visiting the Dunajec Dam The main dam Czorsztyn - Niedzica is the largest earth dam in Poland, 56 m high and 404 m long.
- The Podhale, Orawa and Spisz Miniature Park is an absolutely unique place. In one place you can admire the most beautiful religious monuments, castles and much, much more. During the trip you will also see the historic Church in Dębno from the 15th century entered on the UNESCO list - this is where Janosik got married.
Do you know that…
Zakopane is the highest situated city in Poland. Its urban part extends from 750 to 1000 m above sea level. The central point of Zakopane - the intersection of ul. Krupówki and Kościuszko lies at an altitude of 838 m above sea level. Do you want to know more? Come with us on a trip around the city!
What will you see
From among hundreds of attractions in Zakopane, we chose places such as:
- Toporowa Cyrhla - formerly Jarosław Iwaszkiewicz and Karol Szymanowski sipped coffee here often.
- Chapel of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on Jaszczurowka - it is a typical example of the beautiful and very characteristic Zakopane style.
- The ski jumps complex - it was here that during the competition in 2002 over 55 thousand gathered. people (most in history!) to admire the jumps of Adam Malysz.
- The Cemetery of Merits in Peksowy Brzysk - almost all the tombstones of the Great Poles resting here are unique works of art.
- The Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Krzeptowki - this unique place of worship was built as a votum for saving the life of Pope John Paul II after the assassination of May 13, 1981.
- Shepherd's hut in Witow - a place distinguished by taste, so you can say ... In a shepherd's hut you can buy oscypek and other regional products.
- The living open-air museum in Chocholow -– is a real journey back in time to see how people used to live and work in a traditional highlander's farm.
- Drive on the Gubalowski hill to Zakopane - the beauty of nature, charming monuments and amazing views - a paradise for everyone!
Trip to the Bielanska Cave
Bielanska Cave is the only cave open to the public in the Slovak Tatras. This is the first cave in Europe illuminated by electric light.
To reach the entrance, which is at an altitude of 890 m above sea level. you have to overcome the level difference of 122 meters, the length of the route is 1370 m, and the tour takes 70 minutes.
NEXT we go by road from the TATRA to Štrbské Pleso, the lake on the Slovak side, to which it is only 5 minutes (on foot) from the parking lot where the driver will be waiting. Passing through Stary Smokovec, passing Tatranska Lomnica (a complex of ski lifts) we will see the beauty and strength of nature, because in 2004 the town was devastated by a huge hurricane that knocked down 14,000. ha of forests.